Website Island Health
Analyst, IM/IT Security – (144874)
Island Health – Victoria, BC
In accordance with the Vision, Purpose, and Values, and strategic direction of the Vancouver Island Health Authority, patient safety is a priority and a responsibility shared by everyone at VIHA; as such, the requirement to continuously improve quality and safety is inherent in all aspects of this position.
Reporting to the Manager, IM/IT Security, the Analyst, IM/IT Security, provides initial intake, assessment and prioritization of requests for IM/IT Security Services and/or events requiring IM/IT Security incident response prioritizing based on risk and urgency, ensuring that work activities are logged and tracked, and ensuring that higher priority events are appropriately escalated. The Analyst will lead investigations into security related incidents and policy violations as well as participate as key member of an integrated breach response team.
The Analyst deals with sensitive and critical situations and provides training and education on VIHA security procedures, policies and standards at all levels of the organization.
A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science and five (5) years’ recent, related experience in a large information technology services environment with a minimum of two (2) years’ experience in an information security role, within a large organization.
Skills and Abilities
- Solid knowledge of information security principles, best practices, and industry trends.
- Working knowledge of core security technologies including firewalls, anti-virus, intrusion prevention, and web content filtering.
- Experience in Security Incident Response.
- Healthcare experience and formal security certification preferred.
- Strong assessment and problem solving skills, including ability to research, analyze, interpret and summarize issues.
- Ability to function in a highly dynamic environment, including working under pressure, adapting and responding to changing priorities and meeting deadlines.
- Proven ability to research, methodically organize, and investigate from initial response through successful conclusion.
- Ability to keep skill set up-to-date with new technologies as they are introduced to the workplace.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills coupled with the ability to write or edit high quality business documents.
- Ability to utilize both analytical skills and conceptual thinking to identify and resolve issues.
- Demonstrated excellent interpersonal skills, including ability to foster and maintain good working relationships with professionalism, tact, confidentiality and discretion.
- High degree of proficiency with standard MS Office suite and advanced features of office computer applications such as Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Visio.
- Ability and experience in the development, maintenance and use of web content and collaboration tools such as SharePoint.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve issues appropriately.
- Demonstrated superior organizational, time management, listening and recording skills.
- Valid BC Drivers’ License and use of a personal vehicle.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the job.
For more information and to apply, please visit, https://islandhealth.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/144874
To apply for this job please visit islandhealth.hua.hrsmart.com.