Website Home and Community Care Support Services HNHB
Home and Community Care Support Services HNHB, a leader in home & community health, links people of all ages to a range of health and support services at home and in the community through information, coordination, and professional support. We do this through the provision of services in both official languages in accordance with applicable legislation and with cultural sensitivity to the populations we serve.
We offer meaningful work, in a team based environment, competitive total compensation and programs to support work-life balance. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Temporary Full Time (6 months) – Niagara, ON
Responsible for the systems administration and maintaining the operations of the main Client Information Automated System and all other locally housed HNHB applications. Responsible for the end-user support for all applications. Supports maintenance of the HNHB Intranet and other portals.
Administers Client Applications and other applications
- Coordinates and maintains operations relating to software, security and communications for all Client Automated Systems and other applications as required.
- Identifies, detects and solves related problems.
- Provides first level functional support to all users.
- Provides staff with training and orientation to required applications.
- Develops and maintains relevant procedure and technical manuals.
- Provides recommendations as required to system enhancement and optimization.
- Provides response and action to the IT Help Desk System.
Other Related Activities
- Provides backup support for the Network Technicians when necessary
- Creation and monitoring of statistics for applications uptimes and other performance metrics
- Provide facilities support with respect to Facilities Help Desk with requests such as but not limited to: employee concerns regarding temperature fluctuations, workstation concerns, generators etc.
- Liaisons with external contract vendors for any facilities/IT work or repairs.
- Other IT/Facilities duties as assigned.
- On-call duties apply on a rotating schedule.
- Promotes patient safety in alignment with the Vision, Mission, Values and Strategic Directions of the HCCSS HNHB
- Works within the basic principles of patient safety by doing the right thing for the right patient, using the right method at the right time
- Adheres to HCCSS HNHB’s patient safety plan
- Two or three year Post Secondary Diploma/Certificate in Computer Systems/Science
- MCSA Certification an asset
- Two to three years experience in support of health care client database solutions. Must be able to adapt quickly in a fast-paced environment.
- Hardware and software troubleshooting experience a must-have in a Microsoft environment.
Skills & Abilities:
- Problem solving, decision making, written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Knowledge of database structures
- Attention to detail
- Self-directed and the ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Customer service skills
- Valid driver’s license with own transportation
- Travel may be required within the HCCSS HNHB geographical area
Hours of Work: Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm
To apply for this job please visit careers-ccac-ont.icims.com.