Faculty, Computer Systems Technology- Full Time/ Part Time (Temporary) positions
We are currently accepting applications for multiple positions and strongly advise candidates to apply for our positions on our career page websites.
Full-Time/ Regular opportunities are found here: https://careers.bcit.ca/postings/3878
Part-time/ Temporary opportunities are found here: https://careers.bcit.ca/postings/3887
At BCIT, we champion diversity of experiences, ideas, cultures and perspectives, to foster a community in which equality and inclusivity are embedded in everything we do. We embrace endless innovation, ignited by imagination and creativity, to improve our approaches, opportunities and outcomes. We strive to achieve excellence in everything we do, to accomplish real, measurable results. We believe in the power of collaboration to amplify our efforts and begin every interaction with a foundation of respect for others’ expertise, insights and inherent worth. Our overall vision is to empower people, share BC, and inspire global progress. If this resonates with you, come join our team as we continue to provide practical education for a complex world.
BCIT’s Computer Systems Technology department is seeking highly talented, motivated and qualified professionals ready for the next level and next challenge in their careers to be Instructors both at our Burnaby campus and our Downtown campus. Candidates must have strong communication skills and will be required to assume responsibilities for curriculum development and academic leadership.
We are offering full-time and part-time positions.
We have two temporary positions that will end December 2021 and two temporary positions will end May 2022
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Applicants with skills and industry expertise in several of the following areas will be given preference:
- Programming Languages (C/Python/Java/C++)
- System Analysis and Design
- Data Communications
- Computer Architecture
- Operating Systems
- Project Management
- Front and Back End Web Development
- Mobile Development
- Cloud Computing
- Minimum three years of current and relevant industry experience.
- Minimum related Master’s degree, Ph.D. preferred
- Demonstrated exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Teaching topics in software development, IT and related technologies in a post-secondary, education environment would be an asset.
- A passion for teaching computing and information technology.
- Online teaching experience is considered an asset.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensationpackage which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
Salary Range: $55,730 to $97,619
Additional Salary Information: Salary prorated based on percentage and term of appointment. Salary based on education, experience and placement criteria as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
Full-Time and Part-Time positions available
Anticipated Start date: 08/23/2021
Anticipated end date for some positions: December 2021 and May 2022
To apply for this job please visit careers.bcit.ca.