Instructor, Computer Information Technology and Full stack Web Development- Full Time/ Part Time (Temporary) positions
We are currently accepting applications for multiple positions and strongly advise candidates to apply for our positions on our career page websites.
Full-Time/ Regular opportunities are found here: https://careers.bcit.ca/postings/3880
Part-time/ Temporary opportunities are found here: https://careers.bcit.ca/postings/3884
At BCIT, we champion diversity of experiences, ideas, cultures and perspectives, to foster a community in which equality and inclusivity are embedded in everything we do. We embrace endless innovation, ignited by imagination and creativity, to improve our approaches, opportunities and outcomes. We strive to achieve excellence in everything we do, to accomplish real, measurable results. We believe in the power of collaboration to amplify our efforts and begin every interaction with a foundation of respect for others’ expertise, insights and inherent worth. Our overall vision is to empower people, share BC, and inspire global progress. If this resonates with you, come join our team as we continue to provide practical education for a complex world.
BCIT’s Computing Department is seeking highly talented, motivated and qualified professionals ready for the next challenge in their careers to be Instructors at our Downtown Campus. We have teaching positions available in the Full Stack Web Development program and Computer Information Technology program. We are hiring for multiple positions (full-time and part-time).
Both programs require candidates that have strong communication skills, and you will be required to assume responsibilities for curriculum development and academic leadership. Having teaching or mentoring experience is a prerequisite for both positions.
Applicants with skills and industry expertise in one or more of the following areas will be given preference:
- IT Administration and Infrastructure Management
- Web Administration
- Full Stack Web Development
- Cloud Infrastructure Architecting and Administration
- Database Design and Administration
- Systems Integration
- System and Network Security
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
COMPUTER INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY PROGRAM
The Computer Information Technology (CIT) program prepares the student for work across all areas of information technology with a focus on modern operations including DevOps. For this program we are seeking applicants with skills and industry expertise in one or more of the following:
- IT Infrastructure Management and Automation
- Web Administration and Development
- Cloud Infrastructure Design and Administration
- Systems Integration including Micro-Services
- DevOps Implementation
- Network Design and Administration
- Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean)
FULL STACK WEB DEVELOPMENT PROGRAM
The Full Stack Web Development (FWSD) program is focused on equipping students to become competent front and back-end web developers. For this program, we are seeking applicants with skills and industry expertise in one or more of the following:
- Expertise in one or more modern frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, etc).
- Database Design and Implementation (Relational and NoSQL based).
- Architecting Web Applications at Scale.
- UX / UI Design and Development.
- Agile Methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, Lean).
- Minimum three years of current and relevant industry experience.
- Minimum related Bachelor’s degree, Master’s degree preferred.
- Demonstrated exceptional communication and interpersonal skills.
- Teaching experience in computing in a post-secondary, education environment is preferred.
- Experience teaching or mentoring in an online environment is preferred.
BENEFITS OF WORKING AT BCIT:
- Being a part of BC’s Top 100 Employers, and a member of the CCDI.
- A generous Total Compensationpackage which includes extended health and dental benefits and a superb pension
- Access to Professional Development Funds and opportunities for career development.
- Increase your knowledge with Tuition waivers for BCIT courses.
- Enjoy subsidized parking and discounted access to our fitness facilities (including classes like Yoga and Zumba).
- Additional Wellness and Employee Assistance programs.
Salary Range: $55,730 to $97,619
Additional Salary Information: Salary prorated based on percentage and term of appointment. Salary based on education, experience and placement criteria as outlined in the Collective Agreement.
Full-Time and Part-Time positions available
Anticipated Start date: 08/23/2021
To apply for this job please visit careers.bcit.ca.