Comox Valley School District 71
Preferred Qualifications, Training and Experience
- Grade 12 education supplemented by:
- Industry certified education applicable to this position includes CompTIA A+, CompTIA Network+, CompTIA Security+ and Microsoft certifications or comparable experience in the installation, maintenance, and repair of computers in a network environment. Two years post-secondary education. Combinations of applicable education (and experience and training based on this education) may include diploma and/or bachelors work at accredited post-secondary institutions with a specialty focus on Computer
- Minimum of three years current experience in the installation, maintenance and repair of personal computers in a network
- Knowledge of current operating and networking system, network security, networking technologies and protocols, and software installation and maintenance.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft datacenter and Server products including Active Directory, System Centre, Windows Server, and Local Area Network infrastructure.
- Demonstrated experience or qualifications working in a Microsoft Windows based server environments with a high degree of automation and
- Valid Class 5 C. driver’s license and license appropriate to the type of equipment/vehicle being operated and a personal vehicle for use on the job.
- Meets the physical requirements of the
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
Job Characteristics and Requirements
- Duties are performed under the supervision of the Manager of Information Technology or
- Normally receives general instructions only, which requires the exercise of sound judgement as to the method of performing the
- Configures and designs network infrastructure and backup
- Monitors daily backups and resolves any issues. This also includes Disaster Recovery
- Assist with research, prioritization, organization and development of plans, and makes recommendations to support the overall District Technology plans and
- Services, repairs and performs routine maintenance on a variety of district computer, network and audio- visual
- Researches, designs, configures, manages and troubleshoots wide area and local area networks including management of user accounts and District network
- Package software for distribution and automate installation of all software and operating
- Assists with the development and implementation of system security protocols and
- Proactively monitors critical software and hardware components. Schedule and perform ongoing preventative maintenance including effective patching cycles of systems and OS software
- Automation and streamlining of infrastructure
- Maintains an inventory of district computer and network
- Produces and provides training resources, technical documentation and support for technicians and end users.
- Provides leadership to the district’s team of Computer Technicians.
- Works effectively, both as a member of the technology team and independently, to install, maintain and repair a variety of computer equipment including, but not limited to, servers and network infrastructure used in district
- Maintains currency in industry standard computer and networking applications and enterprise communications tools and demonstrates flexibility and willingness to learn about new and emerging technologies and
- Follows proper work procedures, observes all regulations pertinent to the work, maintains a good working relationship with other employees, and cooperates in maintaining a healthy learning and working environment.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Please apply on Make a Future at https://bit.ly/2XY7MCr by October 29th, 2021.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.
IT Network & Communication Technician