Peel District School Board
Permanent, full-time position
A best practices champion whose experience in software development and/or programming design and systems management is uniquely combined with knowledge of the Education Act, education-related policies and school board operations, you’re ready to become a key member of the Peel District School Board (PDSB)’s Learning Technology Support Services leadership team.
Reporting to the Chief Information Officer, you’ll be responsible for the strategic planning, acquisition, deployment and operational management of the Enterprise Systems and Application Development team portfolio. This sizable portfolio includes the Student Information System, Financial Information System, HR Information System, Collaboration tools (such as SharePoint, MS TEAMS), Database Administrators, Websites, Business Intelligence and Ministry Reporting.
More specifically, as Manager, Enterprise Systems & Solutions Delivery, you’ll coordinate and supervise all activities related to the requirements, procurement, design, development and implementation of organizational information systems and software applications, the maintenance, support and upgrade of existing systems and applications, and the proper integration of enterprise systems. Leading by example, you’ll manage the design, development, support, training and deployment of mission-critical information and software systems, and champion best practices to ensure that all applications, databases and information management practices comply with standards, designs, policies, processes, methods and tools, and are consistently documented. Along with ensuring that development best practices are adopted, you’ll recommend and implement solutions to automate manual paper-based processes by leveraging the enterprise systems, APIs and innovative solution delivery.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
With your degree or diploma in Computer Science or a similar IT-related field, and no fewer than seven (7) years’ equivalent work experience in software development and/or programming design and systems management, you have the expertise, confidence and leadership skills this key role demands. As Manager of Enterprise Systems and Solutions Delivery, you’ll also leverage the following experience, knowledge and skill set:
- At least five (5) years’ experience in overseeing the direction, development and implementation of software solutions and strategic goals in the public sector or a multi-union environment
- Recent experience in modernizing Application Development and Support teams – from developing staff to implementing processes and modern development/support tools
- Strong knowledge of system and software quality assurance best practices and methodologies
- Experience with agile development methodologies, APIs and the software development life cycle
- Experience with Business Intelligence and reporting
- Strong knowledge of database and database administration (e.g. SQL and Oracle)
- Knowledge of the Education Act, education-related policies and school board operations, to provide expertise on legislative compliance, policy application and yearly cycle demands on systems, design and implementation
- Technical fluency in a variety of programming languages (e.g., NET, Java, VB, Oracle Forms, Python, R, etc.)
- Demonstrated success with project management, project-based/matrix work structures, project life cycle models, and software development life cycle delivery methodologies
- Excellent negotiation, collaboration and problem-solving skills to understand opposing perspectives and adapt the approach as situation requirements change
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to resolve conflict and manage complex situations
- Demonstrated success leading, managing and motivating a team in an open, innovative, responsive and professional environment, including coaching members toward achievement of collective and individual goals, and providing ongoing feedback
- Ability to adapt to, and work effectively within, a variety of situations, and work with various individuals or groups with conflicting priorities or goals
- Proven coordination, organizational, multi-tasking, time management and planning skills to organize resources and manage priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Demonstrated analytical, critical thinking, decision-making and issue resolution skills in situations where problems may be technical, managerial or interpersonal
- Excellent initiative and research skills to identify trends in the use of current information technology and the impacts on an organization’s operating environment
- Excellent budget management skills, with attention to detail
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends to meet deadlines
- Demonstrated commitment to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Microsoft Azure.
Salary range: $110,548 – $138,185 per annum (under review)
To apply for the position of Manager, Enterprise Systems and Solutions Delivery, please complete an online application through Apply to Education . Your completed application package on Apply to Education must include your cover letter, resume and supporting educational credentials. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., Friday, August 6, 2021.
The Peel District School Board (PDSB) is a racially, culturally and linguistically diverse board that serves 155,000+ students and approximately 17,000 employees. We have 257 schools, 217 of which are elementary and 42 are secondary. In PDSB, 87% of students are racialized, non-white, representing 162 different ethnic backgrounds. Students in Peel have 121 different first languages. Student diversity also exists in terms of gender and gender expression, sexuality, ability and faith. A responsive and empathetic understanding of the lived experiences of the students and communities we serve is vital to those who will take on leadership roles within the PDSB. The workforce consists of teachers, office staff, custodial staff, education assistants and professional staff. The workforce is largely unionized, with the majority of employees belonging to numerous bargaining units. The Board’s strategic plan includes four pillars: high expectations for achievement; parent, community and staff engagement; equity and inclusion; and safe, positive healthy climate/well-being. Although Equity and Inclusion is a separate pillar within the strategic plan, equity and inclusion is also the lens through which all areas of the strategic plan must be seen, internalized and understood. The Board is committed to equity, inclusion, and dismantling systemic inequities that lead to marginalization and oppression of students from specific identity groups and with certain lived experiences.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be contacting candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications best meet the requirements of the position.
Criminal Background Check
Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check prior to commencing employment. Please review the requirements for the Criminal Background Check.
Commitment to Equity, Anti-Oppression and Anti-Racism
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel. We will provide reasonable accommodation (e.g. an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on Days of Significance, etc.) based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.
We are also committed to inclusion, anti-oppression and anti-racist practices while also supporting the continuous growth and development of an equitable and empowered education system at the PDSB.
To apply for this job please visit network.applytoeducation.com.