Government of Saskatchewan – Ministry of Saskbuilds and Procurement
Looking for a career with purpose and passion?
Manager, Information Security – Permanent Full Time
Ministry of Saskbuilds and Procurement
The Information Technology Division (ITD) is expanding the Information Security Branch, which coordinates and manages Information Technology Operations (ITO) security for the Government of Saskatchewan. We are seeking a strong leader, innovative with strong interpersonal, analytical with exceptional problem solving skills for the position of Manager, Information Security Services. In this position, you will have the opportunity to work with and advise senior executives in government on security matters, and lead teams involving multiple ministries and external resources.
In this challenging and rewarding position your responsibilities will include:
- Developing, managing and implementing an enterprise-wide approach to Information Systems and Technology security;
- Collaborating with colleagues and customers to make strategic investment decisions and reduce the security risk profile of government;
- Developing cohesive and respectful relationships across the ITD and government, and among stakeholders in the public and private sectors;
- Managing security resources to review and monitor pre-defined measurements to assess and detect security events in the enterprise IT environment;
- Conducting environmental scans and reviewing industry publications or advisories and be able to apply that knowledge to the IT environment;
- Coordinating and managing resources developing IT security projects supporting the Enterprise Security Program for government, and implementing a strategy and reporting mechanism to ensure the services are meeting the needs of government;
- Responding to information security incidents and following established procedures, to reduce the impact of the incident and safeguard information and assets;
- Providing security advice and direction for information technology programs and projects; and
- Leading the security team in effectively assessing, documenting and communicating Information security risks as needed and on an ongoing basis.
The Ideal Candidate
As our successful candidate you will be a results oriented individual with strong verbal and written communication skills and you will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of security standards, regulations and legislation, including ISO 27001:2013; NIST Cybersecurity and the family of NIST frameworks, OWASP, SANS controls and Security Architecture Framework and best practices;
- Exceptional leadership skills to lead technical IT security professionals across the government ministries;
- Experience in Vendor management with broad and diverse knowledge of best Cybersecurity technology toolsets mostly leveraged in the industry today;
- Strong oral and written communication skills to consult and educate senior leaders, ministry staff and external vendors;
- Proven knowledge in developing and implementing an Information Security Program with relevant instruments (policies, standards and procedures) of managing security;
- Strong analytical, problem solving and decision making skills; and
- Effective business planning and project management skill, including, accountability processes and risk management.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position would be obtained through the completion of a degree in computer science or a related discipline, or a designation as a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP), Certified Information Security Manager (CISM), Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or another related designation.
To apply for this job please visit govskpsc.taleo.net.