Access Communications Co-operative Ltd.
A career at Access Communications is an opportunity to be part of an innovative, talented and diverse team of over 280 employees who value involvement, growth and contribution in a challenging, safe and fun environment. A team and organization committed to provide exceptional communications and entertainment services to customers in 235 Saskatchewan communities.
Access Communications is a 100% Saskatchewan-owned co-operative established in 1974 with a vision to delivering unrivalled communications and entertainment services. With offices in Regina, Saskatoon, Estevan, Weyburn, Yorkton, North Battleford and LaRonge, they have been named one of Saskatchewan’s Top Employers and Canada’s Best Diversity Employer.
Access Communications is proud to be a part of the communities they live in, reinvesting 100% of their earnings into the communities they serve providing TV, internet, telephone, and security monitoring services as well as a community channel, AccessNow TV. The Access Communications Children’s Fund is a registered charity with over $2M donated in support of youth-based not-for-profit organizations and charities across Saskatchewan. The organization also provides annual scholarships to graduating high school students in Saskatchewan. For further information please see www.myaccess.ca.
As Manager of Systems Development and Internal Technical Support, your leadership and technical skills will play an integral role in contributing to the continued growth and expertise of Access Communications Co-operative as a leader in service delivery.
Based in Regina Saskatchewan, you will facilitate the planning, development and implementation of province-wide technology initiatives, systems and data solutions, as well as oversee a skilled team of IT Specialists.
If you have an entrepreneurial and collaborative leadership view on business and technology, this role may be ideal for you!
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer, you will:
- Manage all aspects of systems analysis, design, development, installation, maintenance, and enhancement for mission-critical application systems including best practices for code management.
- Manage the database warehouse, data reporting and the integrity of the data and reports.
- Actively promote security awareness and manage internal IT technology risks including cyber-security controls.
- Demonstrate leadership and coordinate the IT Department operations. Lead employees through example, integrity and motivation, ensuring systems and policies are adhered to, and department/corporate objectives are met.
- Promote continuous learning and ensure a high level of capabilities, teamwork and customer focus.
- Facilitate problem resolution discussions and drive internal efficiencies.
- Demonstrate the values of the organization and serve as a positive role model and representative. Work to achieve the organization’s mission and objectives.
- Develop, recommend and implement department goals, objectives and budgets; monitor and report on budget variances.
- Participate as a member of the Management team and support a positive organizational culture that is focused on building strong employee teams.
- Partner with other departments for the purposes of business analysis, design and development, network optimization and configuration, cost allocation and management of services.
- Professionally and positively represent the company in official and unofficial community events and situations.
- Coordinate all aspects of project delivery including defining project scope, specifying deliverables, estimating project duration, effort and cost, managing project budget, creating detailed project plans and managing change requests, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget constraints.
- Manage website development of external and internal website services.
- Source vendors and build/maintain positive working relationships. Negotiate contracts and pricing options, make recommendations and maintain quality and best value to meet or exceed customer needs.
As the ideal candidate, you will bring:
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant technical specialty. A combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Comprehensive knowledge in diagnosing, analyzing, designing, quality assurance testing, implementing and evaluating technological solutions with measurable results is required.
- An extensive and diverse technical background, including 10+ years in systems development and programming, to ensure a high level of credibility in business/system analysis, project management, design, development, testing, implementation and maintenance.
- 5+ years’ supervisory or management experience. Experience in the telecommunications industry is a definite asset.
- Confident, high energy and passionate about business and technical challenges/success.
- A collaborative, entrepreneurial and inspiring leader. Innovative, with an entrepreneurial approach to work, and ability to contribute new and unique ideas. Enjoys a mix of management and hands-on technical support.
- Critical thinker; willing to challenge and be challenged.
- Accountable and committed to work in the best interests of the organization.
- Strong relationship building and communication skills (oral, written and interpersonal). Skilled in gathering information about business needs and converting it into technology specifications or requirements.
- Ability to clearly articulate a strategy, influence, bring clear recommendations and implement them.
- Encourages employee participation and innovation and uses individual strengths to improve team results. Creates strong morale and team spirit, sharing, recognizing and rewarding wins and successes.
- Ability to respond quickly and adapt to change within a fast-paced communications environment. Strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Enjoys community involvement, developing strong relationships and working in partnership with other business and community-based organizations
RPG / RPGLE/ SQL/CL languages within an IBM AS400 environment is an asset.
Skilled in using RPG and CL language in IBM Power Server; MS office (word excel), email, internet and other technical understanding of the office environment in leading technical support requirements for the internal users. Html/web development/Linux skills is an asset.
Excellent remuneration package including senior level management salary, above average benefits and bonus opportunities. Enjoy the rewards of working with leading edge technology in a values-driven, client-focused team environment!
Interested applicants are invited to direct your enquiries and confidential applications to:
Attention: Linda Langelier, CPHR, CPC
President/Executive Search Consultant
Employment Network Canada Inc.
2080 Rae Street, Regina, Sask. S4T 2E5
Phone: (306) 585-7244 Fax: (306) 584-3544
All applications are treated in confidence, and are NOT released to any organization without your prior approval.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org