(Job Posted Nov 17th)
Infrastructure – Toronto + Waterloo, Ontario – Full-Time
As a Platform Support Engineer at LotusFlare, you will be involved with the technical support for customers’ platform requests. You will support customers with questions and configuration of the services provided by our DNO stack out of the cloud. You will also monitor and troubleshoot our platform and provide a proactive assessment.
Who we are
We are a product first company with headquarters in Silicon Valley and other offices around the globe. We are building the next-generation LotusFlare DNO™ stack for mobile operators, allowing them to scale and grow engagement channels with their subscribers. We believe that by working at LotusFlare you have a unique opportunity to:
- Grow on a personal level by picking up best practices and experience in software and product development.
- Work with top engineering executives and engineers who proved themselves in companies like Facebook and Microsoft.
- Make an impact on the lives of millions of people by making mobile internet more affordable and accessible.
We are looking for passionate people to join us and help us in disrupting the telco industry!
- Deeply understand the product and provide technical responses to customers’ requests.
- Identify, organize, and prioritize support requests, escalation, and follow-up with both external customer teams and Lotusflare engineering teams.
- Troubleshoot and resolve support issues and incidents, debug server applications using the command line and analyze logs, traffic, configuration, and deployment changes.
- Anomalies detection, reactive and proactive actions, product, and system metrics analysis; work closely with Grafana, Prometheus, Kibana, AWS CloudWatch.
- Create a process or troubleshooting documentation in the support knowledge base.
- Deeply understanding the product, provide a right angle to the issue that will be sent to the customer.
- 24/7 monitoring (8-hour shifts, night/weekend — remote).
- Strong knowledge and practical experience in working with the Linux command-line interface (at least 12 months of experience in technical support/administration/troubleshooting/debugging).
- Strong skills of log analysis from the command-line interface (parsing files and providing necessary data).
- Confident user of Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana (Query language); able to analyze and summarize issues to make a brief summary for engineers.
- Strong skills of troubleshooting and debugging Docker and Kubernetes enabled services (good theoretical knowledge and work experience)
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of network troubleshooting (TCP/IP, UDP, SMSC, JDiametre, Camel, etc.).
- Strong skills of troubleshooting Web Servers (OpenResty)
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge of scripting languages and passion for automation (Bash, Python, Go, Lua, etc.).
- Strong understanding of Casandra, Redis, ClickHouse, MySQL.
- Strong theoretical and practical knowledge in AWS (EC2, S3, RDS, ELB/ALB, ElastiCache, Direct Connect, Route 53, Elastic IPs, etc.).
- Understanding of CI/CD processes (Jenkins).
- English — Excellent written and verbal skills.
- To be willing to work with a night shift schedule (night and weekend shifts — work remotely).
- Strong passion for technical customer support.
- Being proactive and finding problems before they become issues.
- Telecommunications experience with an understanding of billing systems, providing voice and data services.
- Knowledge and ability to set up IPSec.
- Practical experience in working with Git through the command line.
- Working knowledge of Jira and Confluence.
- Be familiar with VoIP, VPN (Libreswane, OpenVPN), NAT, DNS, DHCP, CDR files, SFTP, Terraform.
- Secondary school diploma/certificate
- Competitive salary package.
- Yearly bonus.
- Company stock options.
- Training and workshops.
- Full Time Position (30 – 40 hours)
- $32.00 per hour
How to Apply
Send your resume and cover letter to the attention of Raymond Zhu at the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all candidates for your interest and application. We will contact those who best fit the requirements for an interview.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com