Government of Saskatchewan – Ministry of Saskbuilds and Procurement
The Information Technology Division (ITD), Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement is responsible for setting government wide policies and standards in Information Technology (IT) infrastructure, support services, security, telecommunications and citizen service delivery.
The Strategic Architecture Branch has a challenging and exciting opportunity for a results oriented, innovative professional leader with proven Information Technology (IT) knowledge, skills and experience to provide leadership and direction for IT projects, service improvements, designs and implementations using an Enterprise citizen-centered service approach.
Reporting to the Director, Enterprise Solutions, the Solution Architect will be a creative, detail orientated, senior level experienced subject matter expert with IT Conceptual Architecture Design and Conceptual Solutions experience, combined with experience in mentoring, coaching, facilitating and leading a team of IT professionals providing IT services (including budgets and organizational structure) for various projects and work. You will be accomplished in systems implementation, technology alignment, and possess agile project management skills to enhance business systems with IT Solutions and Architecture in service delivery, methods, processes, and strategic technology infrastructure to meet client/business needs. You will be an exceptional communicator both in technical and non-technical terms, both verbally and in written communications, with a collaborative style and inclusive demeanor.
Other responsibilities include:
- Lead and create IT strategic planning development and implementation frameworks;
• Lead business and technical (IT Conceptual Architecture Design and Solutions) projects
• Lead and facilitate the identification, development and implementation of business improvement projects and initiatives;
• Lead IT project development, monitoring, compliance and governance;
• Lead business processes analysis, and identify and implement efficiencies;
• Lead IT Service Management improvement processes that align with industry standards;
• Evaluate needs/outcomes to ensure technical standards, designs and solutions are met;
• Lead technical business standards, designs and solution reviews;
• Conduct IT research and innovative workshops to improve citizen service and IT delivery;
• Conduct risk impact assessments and coordinate mitigation strategies with stakeholders, and
• Develop, monitor evaluate, report, and recommend actions and solutions relative to ITD performance indicators.
Typically, the knowledge, skills and abilities required to be successful in this position include a degree in computer science or a related discipline with certification in Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (TOGAF Certification 8 or higher), and related IT work in the areas of IT architecture, Senior level architect, Solutions architecture, and/or design, and IT Project Management (considered an asset), or a suitable combination of education and /or Architecture Frameworks TOGAF and relevant IT work experience.
The successful candidate will be competent in:
- IT Architecture Design- conceptual business and technical;
- IT Solutions;
- IT Systems/Management;
- IT standards, processes, designs and solutions;
- IT analysis, improvements/efficiencies;
- Networking/network computing and application design techniques;
- Platform implementations and Identification, evaluation, and element selection of the solution meeting client needs;
- Strategy Planning and Implementation;
- Human Resource Management Practices;
- Facilitation skills; and
- Project Management.
What we offer:
- Dynamic, challenging work for talented individuals;
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation, scheduled days off (SDO) and other types of leave (maternity/paternity/adoption, family/personal leave, sick leave);
- Inclusive work environments;
- Advancement opportunities; and
- Flexible work arrangements.
Closing Date: July 30, 2021 Competition Number: INF002852
To apply for this job please visit govskpsc.taleo.net.