Website City of Hamilton
About the City of Hamilton
Contribute to the City of Hamilton, one of Canada’s largest cities – home to a diverse and strong economy, an active and inclusive community, a robust cultural and dining scene, hundreds of kilometres of hiking trails and natural beauty just minutes from the downtown core, and so much more. Join our diverse team of talented and ambitious staff who embody our values of sensational service, courageous change, steadfast integrity, collective ownership and being engaged empowered employees. Help us achieve our vision of being the best place to raise a child and age successfully. #BeTheReason
JOB ID #: 17697
Sr. Project Manager, Water Information Systems
330 Wentworth St. N.
NUMBER OF VACANCIES: 1 Full-Time Temporary
UNION/NON-UNION: Non Union Mgmt Professional
HOURS Of WORK: 35.00 per week
SALARY/HOUR: $49.856 – $58.309 per hour
*Note: See appropriate Collective Agreement or the Non Union Salary Range for details.
STATUS/LENGTH: Full-Time Temporary for up to 36 months.
Job Description ID #: 2654
*Note: As a condition of employment you are required to provide proof that you are fully vaccinated or provide proof of valid exemption satisfactory to the employer prior to your start date. You must acknowledge and agree to comply with any future vaccine policy requirements as an ongoing condition of employment at the City of Hamilton.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Reporting directly to the Manager of Customer Service and Community Outreach, the Senior Project Manager of Water Information Systems, will oversee the day to day operations, staff and strategic planning of Hamilton Water’s (HW) Information Systems business unit.
This unit provides information services primarily for Hamilton Water; as well as other City departments, divisions, sections and external partners. These services include supporting the day to day operations of HW through maintaining water, wastewater, stormwater asset inventory and computerized maintenance management system (CMMS).
RESPONSIBILITIES (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO)
Provides leadership and direction for the Water information Systems (WIS) team who manage information systems, GIS, data analytics, application support and development.
Sets work and quality standards, leads by example, and continually looks for opportunities for improvement.
Provides feedback and observations on performance for IT (Information Technology) systems utilized within the Water Information Systems (WIS) business unit.
Ensures data integrity, automation processes and reporting for all water, wastewater and stormwater service requests, work orders, programs, asset information, contracts and costing.
Manages staff performance and development, and holds staff accountable to deliver high quality work efficiently.
Manages benchmarking and data collection initiatives for HW.
Represents HW on corporate committees such as the Public Works Information Technology committee.
Ensures that the unit operates in accordance with City and Provincial guidelines with minimal disruption to the public and are operating in the most effective and efficient manner consistent with legislative requirements, the City of Hamilton’s By-laws, Mission, Vision and Strategic Plan.
Prepares and delivers a variety of financial, operational and planning reports/presentations related to the unit’s performance.
Procurement and evaluation of software as well as management of vendors that are directly related to the Unit’s core operations.
Obtains and manages performance of outside resources where required (i.e. consultants/contractors).
Develops, manages and monitors the business unit’s budget and annual reporting.
Develops processes and procedures relevant to the unit, ensuring compliance with City standards, policies and quality management systems.
Ensures that employees are provided with and use the appropriate equipment, materials and/or procedures required to perform the assigned duties.
Ensures that they and all for whom they provide oversight for perform work in accordance with applicable Health and Safety legislation and all City of Hamilton corporate and departmental
policies and procedures. Ensures that appropriate action is recommended for those who do not work in compliance with legislation, policies and procedures.
Performs other duties as assigned which are related to the responsibilities of the position.
- Proven knowledge of the theories and practices of Computer Science or Information Management usually acquired by obtaining a University or Community College degree, or a combination of related education and relevant work experience.
- Must be able to demonstrate relevant experience and technical competence gained through progressively responsible positions in the area of information systems, GIS, data analytics, or application support and development.
- Proven experience in managing several staff members, including responsibility for obtaining new talent and delivering performance appraisals.
- Required working knowledge of relational databases and geospatial systems.
- Must have background in data management and knowledge of reporting platforms.
- Knowledge/experience in asset inventory systems.
- Familiarity with these systems is considered an asset: Enterprise ESRI Suite of Products, MSSQL, Oracle, Infor Suite of Products (IPS, EAM, Birst), Power BI, FME and SSRS/SSIS.
- Proven experience and accountability for preparing and managing significant operational budgets.
- Proven experience managing vendors, consultants and/or contractors.
- Demonstrated record of leadership, facilitation, communication, presentation, analytical, interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must possess a high level of personal integrity.
- Experience working in a unionized environment is an asset.
- Must possess a valid Class “G” Driver’s Licence.
To apply for this job please visit www.hamilton.ca.