Website Government of Saskatchewan – Ministry of Saskbuilds and Procurement
Looking for a career with purpose and passion?
Acting Director, Technical Services
SaskBuilds and Procurement
Term Opportunity – Regina, SK
The Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement supplies services to the public and other ministries that support efforts to build the economy and make a better life for all Saskatchewan people. This includes central co-ordination of property management services including government buildings, purchasing, accommodations, transportation, and information technology.
The Information Technology Division of the Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement is seeking an experienced IT professional with strong technical and leaderships skills for the temporary full-time position of Acting Director, Technical Solutions based in Regina.
Under the leadership of the Chief Technology Officer and the Executive Director, Strategy and Architecture, this position will be responsible for:
- Providing leadership and technical advice to Ministry executive teams, peers and program managers to ensure enterprise services and systems are in place to implement process changes within and across branches and ministries;
- Developing and implementing IT strategies that support government priorities and optimizing the value of ongoing investments in government IT assets;
- Ensuring government IT infrastructure is protected by implementing appropriate security protocols; and
- Leading and establishing Enterprise Technical Service implementations that align with government priorities for enterprise-wide business and technical systems architecture and service governance.
As our ideal candidate, you will be a results-oriented individual with strong client relationship building skills and you will demonstrate:
- Knowledge of TOGAF and ITIL Framework;
- Extensive experience working with technical architecture and design management;
- Strong project management, procurement, organizational change management and analytical skills;
- The ability to lead, coach and manage a team of professionals in a matrix environment while sustaining a positive work environment;
- The ability to develop and maintain professional relationships and partnerships with external and internal stakeholders, including building consensus, exercising sound judgment and demonstrating discretion when handling confidential and controversial issues; and
- The ability to work in a diverse team setting, as well as being self-motivated and flexible in order to adapt to a dynamic environment and respond effectively to multiple tasks.
Typically, the knowledge and skills required for this position would be obtained through the completion of a degree in computer science or a related discipline, supplemented with several years of experience in the Strategic and Enterprise Architecture services field with knowledge of Cloud, Server, and Network Architecture, Security, Digital and Operational Services.
Candidates are asked to clearly describe in their cover letter and resume where they have acquired the required knowledge and the skills required for success in this position. Candidates will be screened on the basis of this information.
The Ministry of SaskBuilds and Procurement offers dynamic and challenging work for talented individuals in an environment that supports innovation, creativity and diversity. In addition, the Saskatchewan Public Service offers a number of employment advantages such as:
- A competitive salary;
- Comprehensive benefits package including pension;
- Vacation, scheduled days off (SDO), and other types of leave;
- Advancement opportunities; and
- Flexible work arrangements.
Closing Date: January 28, 2022 Competition Number: EXE001348
The Government of Saskatchewan offers a wide range of careers with purpose and passion. Our people enjoy an enviable work/life balance in an environment that supports creativity, innovation and diversity while providing learning and career development opportunities. We’re helping make Saskatchewan the best place to live, work and raise our families, by building the best public service in Canada. Join the team!
For more information on this and other opportunities in the public service, visit saskatchewan.ca/careers
Toll free 1-866-319-5999
To apply for this job please visit govskpsc.taleo.net.