Website YMCA of Greater Vancouver
Position Title: Coordinator, Information Systems
Location: New Westminster YMCA (620 Royal Avenue, New Westminster)
Terms: Permanent, Full-Time (35 hours per week)
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: Under review, includes benefits
Reports to: Manager, Information Systems
Benefits: 7 hour work day / 35 hour work week
Extended Health and Dental Benefits
Competitive vacation time off
Paid sick time and leaves
YMCA Staff Membership
Business Casual Dress
Employee Assistance Program
Be part of a charitable organization that positively impacts the community
The YMCA of Greater Vancouver is a charity dedicated to strengthening the foundations of community, by nurturing the potential of children, teens & young adults, promoting healthy lifestyles, fostering a sense of social responsibility and delivering lasting personal & social change. We are building a community in which a generation of children and families reach their full potential. Our values guide our decision‐making and behaviour—we do the right thing, put people first, keep our promises and lead by example.
For over 130 years, we have been part of the community, a place where people of every age and background find the support they need to grow in spirit, mind and body. One of the Lower Mainland’s leading charities, the YMCA of Greater Vancouver provides services in health, fitness & aquatics, child care, camping, employment & community services to over 120,000 participants annually.
Nature & Scope:
Working collaboratively within the Information Systems team at the New Westminster YMCA, the Information Systems Coordinator is responsible for (a) providing customer-focused technical support to YMCA staff and volunteers and (b) provisioning/deprovisioning of email accounts, network access, phones and voice mail. This person also provides support for communication, collaboration, and audiovisual technologies – as well as peripherals including printers and mobile devices. The Information Systems Coordinator may also assist with hardware/software deployment, inventory management, and general helpdesk duties. This is a Tier 1 junior level helpdesk role.
The Information Systems architecture includes over 1100 users and 300 workstations, supporting 200+ program locations. Nine core sites are connected via a wide-area network. Workstation operating systems are primarily Windows 10, with some MacOS systems. Core network systems include Microsoft Office 365, Active Directory, Citrix, and Cisco Call Manager. Standard application software consists of Microsoft Office and various core business applications.
- Handle helpdesk support requests and provide exceptional customer service to YMCA staff and volunteers
- Diagnose and resolve problems both remotely and in-person, escalate when necessary,
and document status and actions taken in ticket system
- Provision/deprovision email accounts, network access, phones for on/off-boarding of users
- Provide support for communication, collaboration, and audiovisual technologies
- Provide support for peripherals including printers and mobile devices
- Provide occasional onsite support in various locations throughout the Lower Mainland / Sunshine Coast
- Assist with deployment of hardware/software and maintaining an inventory of equipment and licenses
- Assist with supporting phone systems (mobile and wired)
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of current information technology techniques and tools
- Support YMCA philanthropy initiatives
- Perform other related duties as required
- The successful applicant may be required to work evening and weekend shifts, and will be responsible for on-call support outside of office hours on a rotating basis.
- Ability to support users face-to-face and via telephone/screen-sharing technologies
- Proven effectiveness building relationships with internal and external customers and suppliers
- Exceptional, clear and concise written and verbal English communication
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail; ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and quickly make decisions
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to think critically
- Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
- Solid knowledge of Microsoft Office applications suite, Windows 10, Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Office 365 and communication/collaboration technologies
- Familiarity with basic computer/network troubleshooting techniques, file servers and user management in an Active Directory enterprise environment an asset
- Valid Driver’s License and regular access to a vehicle
- Successful candidates will be required to provide a current and satisfactory Criminal Reference Check/Vulnerability Sector Search issued no later than six (6) months preceding your start date
- The YMCA has implemented a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy requiring all staff and volunteers to be fully vaccinated as per the timelines set out by the province
- Three (3) professional or job-related references
In addition to bringing a commitment to YMCA vision and values, the candidate should possess the following competencies:
- Evolve in Professional Capability – Commit to being better
- Achieve Excellence and Authenticity – Show up with the best version of you
- Develop the Potential in Others – Help people grow and lead
- Create a Culture of Connection – Build bridges between people and partners
- Think and Act Strategically – Make good decisions and act on them
- Make an Intentional Impact – Advance the strength and cause of the Y
Please apply with your cover letter and resume directly here.
Or visit gv.ymca.ca/careers for more information.
Application deadline: Until Filled, consideration of candidates will begin immediately
Thank you for your interest and application
Due to the high volume of applications received, only short‐listed candidates will be contacted.
The YMCA of Greater Vancouver is committed to creating an inclusive, accessible environment where all members of our community feel valued, respected, and supported. We encourage applications from the diverse communities in which we live and serve, including but not limited to people of colour, Indigenous people, persons with disabilities, and persons of any sexual orientation or gender identity. We have established policies, procedures, and practices to meet accessibility standards throughout the hiring process. Should you require any accommodation throughout the recruitment process, please do not hesitate to contact our Human Resources department.
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.