Peel District School Board (PDSB)
Contract, full-time position to August 31st, 2023 (with the possibility of renewal)
If you’re the type of professional that maintains up-to-date, detailed knowledge of the security industry, and you thrive in a complex cyber security environment, this is a great time to put your expertise to work at the Peel District School Board (PDSB).
Reporting to the Manager – Cyber Security, you’ll ensure that enterprise security technologies are running and configured appropriately, based on PDSB’s risk posture – from participating in the design and execution of vulnerability assessments, penetration tests and security audits, to investigating and assessing the nature and scope of cyber breaches. As an IT Cyber Security Analyst, you’ll handle day-to-day security incident tickets, assess information risk and facilitate remediation of identified vulnerabilities for IT security across the enterprise, ensure enterprise security technology alignment with strategic cloud initiatives, and participate in the planning and design of enterprise cyber security architecture. We’ll also rely on you to support PDSB’s ‘Cyberhub’ initiative on security technology-relevant metrics and processes, and continually improve departmental processes to ensure regulatory compliance and governance.
More specifically, as an Information Technology Cyber Security Analyst, you’ll be expected to:
- Conduct incident response in providing expert advice and remediation by ensuring timely, appropriate communications to all applicable stakeholders.
- Provide security operations support and incident expertise to dispel complex security issues/events and counter sophisticated attacks.
- Administer PDSB’s cloud and on-prem security solutions, including, but not limited to, Next Generation Firewall, Secure Access Service Edge, and Microsoft Sentinel SIEM solution.
- Support the Security Analyst with PDSB’s Human Resource Management System, Student Information System, Finance Information System and various PDSB corporate systems.
- Prepare formal and time-sensitive investigative reports to consistently validate all work.
Success in these endeavours requires a commitment to maintaining up-to-date, detailed knowledge of the security industry, including awareness of new or revised security solutions, improved security processes, the development of new attack vectors and the latest threat intelligence.
EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
With a post-secondary degree/diploma in cyber security, computer security, computer science or another relevant field, and a minimum of two (2) years of experience with Next Generation & Legacy Firewalls and/or Microsoft Security Tools, you have the solid foundation this critical role demands. As an Information Technology Cyber Security Analyst, you’ll also leverage the following experience, knowledge and skill set:
- Experience in IT cyber security.
- Demonstrated understanding of incident response processes and/or procedures.
- Ability to analyze and interpret Firewall events, Intrusion Prevention System alerts, suspicious emails, syslog, and any other resources that provide insight into overall IT network and security infrastructure.
- Strong complex problem-solving, troubleshooting, and reasoning skills, for independent work and research on complex IT security topics.
- Excellent technical, presentation and communication skills, both written and verbal, with the ability to effectively communicate and articulate complex security concepts.
- Demonstrated commitment to equity, inclusion, anti-racism, and anti-oppression, and to working in a diverse school community and/or work environment.
- Experience with Cyber Security Frameworks as defined by NIST and CIS.
- Experience in performing professional security assessments, ethical hacking engagements, audits, and network vulnerability assessments.
- Experience in providing security guidance for IT projects, including the evaluation and recommendation of technical controls to assist in the mitigation of identified risks.
- Ability to think critically with a strong attention to detail and a commitment to quality of service.
Salary range: $67,651.00 to $80,325.00 per annum
To apply for the position of Information Technology Cyber Security Analyst, please complete an online application through Apply To Education. Your completed application package on Apply to Education must include your cover letter, resume and supporting educational credentials. Applications must be received no later than 4:30 p.m., Monday, September 26, 2022.
The Peel District School Board (PDSB) is a racially, culturally and linguistically diverse board that serves 155,000+ students and approximately 17,000 employees. In PDSB, 87% of students are racialized, non-white, representing 162 different ethnic backgrounds. Students in Peel have 121 different first languages. Student diversity also exists in terms of gender and gender expression, sexuality and in terms of ability and faith. A responsive and empathetic understanding of the lived experiences of the students and communities we serve is vital to those who will take on leadership roles within the PDSB. The workforce consists of teachers, office staff, custodial staff, education assistants and professional staff. The workforce is largely unionized through PDSB’s numerous affiliated bargaining agents.
Commitment to Equity, Anti-Oppression and Anti-Racism
The Peel District School Board is committed to equity in employment. We are committed to equitable hiring practices that allow us to hire qualified staff who reflect the full diversity of the Region of Peel. We will provide reasonable accommodation (e.g., an accessible location, rescheduling of interviews that fall on Days of Significance, etc.) based on any of the human rights protected grounds, during the hiring process if advised in advance.
We are also committed to inclusion, anti-oppression and anti-racist practices while also supporting the continuous growth and development of an equitable and empowered education system at the PDSB.
Criminal Background Check
Successful candidates must provide a satisfactory Criminal Background Check prior to commencing employment. Please review the requirements for the Criminal Background Check.
We appreciate the interest of all applicants, but will only be contacting candidates whose skills, experience and qualifications best meet the requirements of the position. When contacted, candidates will be provided with an overview of the various elements of the selection process; such as, test and skill demonstrations. All communication to applicants regarding this job posting, including an invitation to complete skills assessments and/or a job interview if applicable, will be made through email. Candidates are encouraged to regularly check their email as listed on their applytoeducation.com account.
Discover why you should consider a career with us!
To apply for this job please visit network.applytoeducation.com.