Toronto Transit Commission
Career Opportunities: Senior Systems Analyst (4606)
Requisition ID 4606 – Posted 06/14/2022 – Information Technology Services (20000014) – Maintenance, Materials & Engineering (30000046) – Job Opportunity
Requisition ID: 4606
Number of Vacancies: 1
Department: Information Technology Services (20000014) – Maintenance, Materials & Engineering (30000046)
Salary Information: $95,877.60 – $119,919.80
Pay Scale Group: 10SA
Employment Type: Regular
Weekly Hours: 35, Off Days: Saturday and Sunday Shift: Day
Posted On: June 14, 2022
Last Day to Apply: June 29, 2022
Reports to: Applications Portfolio Manager
The Toronto Transit Commission (TTC) is North America’s third largest transit system and has been recognized as one of the top places to work in the GTA. Guided by a forward-thinking strategic plan, the TTC’s vision is to be a transit system that makes Toronto proud. The TTC’s recruitment efforts are directly aligned to its mission of providing “a reliable, efficient, and integrated bus, streetcar and subway system that draws its high standards of customer care from our rich traditions of safety, service and courtesy.”
Plans and conducts feasibility studies, develops systems business requirement definitions, develops systems designs, directs system build and implementation, and develops methods and procedures for systems of major complexity. The position formulates logical statements of administrative, scientific and/or technical problems and devises solutions.
Key Job Functions
- Planning and conducting feasibility studies, develop and implement new computer systems and enhances old systems by assessing business problems and requirements, and lead the process in providing and implementing computer systems solutions.
- Assigning work to staff in accordance with their areas of expertise; developing, deploying, supporting and maintaining service interfaces and application integration implementations; and investigating existing systems, and making recommendations regarding changes and enhancement.
- Establishing terms of reference for analysis and solution to problems; solving production problems; and providing recommendations on the selection and use of appropriate technology
- Lead the technical analysis, provide technical direction for the development, design, and systems integration for business engagement through entire project development lifecycle.
- Assisting PM in developing detailed project plans and liaising with other departments to ensure the projects implemented are operational and functioning.
- Plan, supervise and direct work to ensure the technical team acquires sustainable knowledge, skills and technical competencies and that the goals and objectives of the section are achieved.
- Promotes a respectful work and service environment that supports diversity, inclusion, and is free from harassment and discrimination. Provides leadership in the development and implementation of inclusive and accessible policies, programs and/or services for employees and customers in accordance with TTC’s commitments and obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code (OHRC) and Related Orders, the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA), and TTC’s policies.
- Candidate will be required to participate in the TTC’s customer service Ambassador Progra
- Plan and organize activities / projects to meet section and organizational goals
- Demonstrate specialized expertise and knowledge in the assigned field
- Apply analytical skills
- Interview and assess job candidates
- Communicate in a variety of mediums
- Manage projects
- Apply the principles and practices of quality assurance
- Gather information and conduct research
Education and Experience
- Completion of a post-secondary college diploma or university degree in a relevant discipline or a combination of education, training and experience deemed to be equivalent.
- Must have multiple years experience in the following aspects of Maximo v7.5 and above: Maximo System administration, Maximo Workflow Designer, Maximo Application Designer, Maximo Integration Framework, Cron tasks
- Extensive knowledge of how large enterprise wide systems are designed, implemented, supported, upgraded, decommissioned and/or replaced
- Thorough understanding of project management, data security audit concepts, quality assurance principles and practices as well as structured techniques for systems analysis, design and programming
- Ability to plan and conduct studies and reviews, assist in preparing business cases and cost/benefit analysis of projects; work as part of a team to develop and implement large/complex systems; and prepare system specifications and system documentation for both users, and system support teams
- Must have previous experience with application integration technologies and understand Enterprise Asset Management
- Must possess sound business judgement; highly developed analytical and problem solving skills; excellent organizational, interviewing, and verbal and written communication skills
- You must have or rapidly acquire a comprehensive knowledge of the Ontario Human Rights Code and Related Orders including disability accommodation and accessibility requirements pertaining to passengers and employees
This position is designated Safety Sensitive under the TTC’s Fitness for Duty Policy. If you do not hold a designated position, you will be required to pass a drug test as part of the certification process.
The TTC is committed to upholding the values of equity, diversity, anti-racism and inclusion in the delivery of its services and in its workplaces. The TTC is committed to fostering a diverse workforce that is representative of the communities it serves at all levels of the organization, and supports an inclusive environment where diverse employee and community perspectives and experiences bring value to the organization. The TTC encourages applications from all applicants, including members of groups with historical and/or current barriers to equity, including but not limited to, Indigenous, Black and racialized groups, people with disabilities, women and people from the LGBTQ(IA+) community. The TTC values and supports an inclusive and barrier-free recruitment and selection process. Accommodations for applicants are available upon request throughout the recruitment and selection process, including for those who identify as having a disability. Please contact Human Resources – Talent Management at (416) 393-4570. Any information received related to an accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
The TTC’s policy prohibits relatives of current TTC employees from being hired, assigned, transferred or promoted into positions, where there is a conflict of interest due to a relationship. Should you be selected for an interview, you will be required to disclose the name, relationship and position of any relative who is a current TTC employee.
Note: All TTC Employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a precondition of employment in accordance with TTC’s Mandatory Vaccination Policy
We thank all applicants for their interest but advise only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit career17.sapsf.com.