Website RMHC Atlantic
Information Technology Advisory Committee | Volunteer Job Posting
Location: Halifax, NS
The Information Technology Advisory Committee (ITAC) is an advisory committee of Ronald McDonald House Charities Atlantic (RMHC Atlantic). The purpose of the ITAC is to make recommendations to the Committee Chair, based on the members’ collective experience in Information Technology including systems, support, risk assessment, training, etc., to support the creation and implementation of an Information Technology Plan for RMHC Atlantic. In addition to supporting the operations of our core programs, including Ronald McDonald House and our Family Rooms in Halifax and Moncton, the Information Technology Plan will guide the transition of our operations within the current Ronald McDonald House to a larger, modern House opening in 2024.
The Committee Chair will bring forward informed recommendations that fit the need for technology tools, and comply with privacy and security needs to protect our data while complying with Canadian recommended requirements for implementation, storage, and retention.
- Provide information, guidance and direction to the Committee Chair to bring forward to the Senior Leadership Team
- Review RFP, policies, materials, training plans, operational set-up, systems, privacy and security updates, budgets and processes to make recommendations and highlight areas of concern
- When requested, review notes from RMHC Atlantic’s internal Information Technology Committee meetings to make recommendations, provide advice or highlight areas of concern or risk
We are looking for individuals that have a variety of IT knowledge and experience.
- Cloud computing
- Cybersecurity / Privacy
- Tech support
- Hardware / Software
- Data analytics and data science
- Project management
- Networking and wireless
- Software development
- Programming / coding
- AI and machine learning
- IT service management
- Minimum four members in total, including the Committee Chair
- The Committee may fill a vacancy that occurs on the Committee at any time, with approval of the Chair
- The committee shall meet monthly (estimated time commitment of 2-3 hours/month, including meetings);
- Meetings should take place 1-2 weeks after the internal IT Committee meetings
- The Committee Chair shall document the minutes of all meetings of the committee. The committee’s minutes shall include, at least:
- Specific courses of action that need to be taken;
- A summary of the discussion that occurred between the members at the meeting; and
- A list of matters requiring the approval or input of the Senior Leadership Team (SLT)
About RMHC® Atlantic
Ronald McDonald House Charities® Atlantic helps families with sick children stay together and near the medical care they need.
Our programs include Ronald McDonald House® in Halifax, a “home-away-from-home” for out-of-town families with sick children, and Ronald McDonald Family Rooms® in Halifax and Moncton, which provide an oasis of calm and support inside the hospital. Each year, we help more than 2,000 families from across the Maritimes through our House & Family Rooms.
RMHC Atlantic is a non-profit organization. We depend upon charitable donations and volunteer support from many individuals, corporations and foundations to fulfill our mission. We are also sincerely grateful for the support of our founding and forever partner, McDonald’s.
For more information on our organization and the excitement surrounding the upcoming construction of our new House, visit rmhcatlantic.ca.
Since opening our doors in Halifax in 1982, RMHC Atlantic has helped more than 25,000 families that have stayed with us when they had to travel to Halifax for medical treatment. Our House is one of 16 Houses across Canada and one of more than 360 around the world.
In 2007, we opened the first Ronald McDonald Family Room in Canada at the IWK Health Centre, and in 2011 we opened a second Family Room at The Moncton Hospital.
We’re making More Room For Love!
We’re proud to support approximately 600 Maritime families each year and we are looking forward to doubling that number in 2023 as we prepare to begin construction of a new Ronald McDonald House next spring.
For more information, visit moreroomforlove.ca.
We invite you to forward your resume and letter of introduction highlighting relevant volunteer, work, education and personal experience to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be handled with strict confidence amongst the hiring committee.
RMHC Atlantic is committed to fostering a collegial culture grounded in diversity, equity, inclusion, access and belonging. We encourage applications from persons with diverse abilities, racially visible persons, persons from the 2SLGBTQ+ community, and all candidates who contribute to the diversity of our community. RMHC Atlantic is committed to providing accommodations to help you perform to the best of your ability.
In an effort to honour diversity, equity and inclusion, we invite all applicants to self-identify on either your cover letter or resume.
We thank all applicants for your interest in Ronald McDonald House Charities® Atlantic; however, only those candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com