Website Peel Regional Police
Job Type: Temporary, Part-Time
Department: ITS Client Technology Services
Are you an ambitious and highly motivated analyst with experience in technical support? Are you looking to make the next step in your career? If so, apply below and join Peel Regional Police – one of Canada’s most progressive police services!
As an Analyst – Service Desk within our ITS Client Technology Services Department, you will be the single primary contact for users regarding all technical support, and will involved in diagnosing, assessing and restoring customer computer resources back to a normal operating state in a professional, courteous and consistent manner.
What will your typical day look like?
- Responds to all reports of technology incidents, service requests and how-to inquiries.
- Responds to customer requests in a prompt, efficient and professional manner.
- Records and tracks all incidents, service requests and how-to inquiries from initial contact to final resolution, in accordance with guidelines and procedures.
- Provides initial assessment and diagnosis and first level troubleshooting and resolution of all incidents.
- Refers incidents to 2nd level support, based on agreed service levels.
- Monitors adherence to service level agreements and takes appropriate escalation measures.
- Updates and maintains the service desk incidents, problems and knowledge databases.
- Keeps customers informed about the status and progress of their calls.
- Completes the formal conclusion of calls, including monitoring customer satisfaction.
- Participates in the development and maintenance of Service Desk procedures and processes and provides content to the knowledge base system.
- Updates and maintains client contact lists, vendor contact lists, application contact lists and other support documentation, including problem resolution analysis.
- Prepares required reports on Service Desk activities.
- Analyzes and evaluates processes and recommends changes to improve service quality.
- Configuration, deployment and 1st level support for client hardware and software including multi-factor authentication tools (i.e. tokens or one-time password cards), USB Encrypted keys, IPTV receivers, mobile devices (i.e. smart phones or tablets).
- User account creation and management for internal systems including new employee requests, permission changes, access removal. User account creation and management for external partners such as OPP and MTO.
- Performs additional duties as assigned.
Enough about us, lets talk about you
You are someone with:
- A Community College Diploma in a computer related discipline or equivalent, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- A minimum of two years related experience required
- MS Word-Advanced
- MS Excel-Advanced
- MS PowerPoint-Advanced
- MS Outlook
- Demonstrated knowledge of current Desktop Operating Systems and Office Productivity and Presentation Tools (MS Office)
- Demonstrated knowledge in supporting remote customers using `remote control` software
- Demonstrated knowledge in managing key processes in an IT organization, e.g. Service Delivery, Users, Management Change, Incident and Problem Management, and Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to extract relevant information from customers
- Effective oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated written communication skills
- Demonstrated analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Valid Ontario Driver`s Licence (Class G) with full driving privileges
What we offer
The hourly rate for this temporary, part-time position is $26.93 – $42.24. This temporary, part-time position is approximately 26 hours per week with a possibility for additional hours as needed by the Service. Shifts include days and afternoons on weekdays, weekends & statutory holidays.
Peel Regional Police offers a highly competitive compensation package; comprehensive benefit program, including employer-paid Health/Dental and Life Insurance is offered semi-annually and OMERS Pension Plan effective upon date of hire. This position allows for the flexibility of hybrid remote working arrangements.
Peel Regional Police is committed to ensuring the health and wellness of its employees and offers many programs and services in support of work-life balance and both personal and professional wellness. From wellness protection for you and your family, state-of-the-art fitness facilities available to you free of charge, to structured programs to nurture your intellectual, physical and emotional wellness, we’ve got you covered.
Peel Regional Police, the second largest municipal police service in Ontario, polices the cities of Mississauga and Brampton, with a population of almost 1.4 million residents, and Pearson International Airport, which saw an estimated 12.7 million people pass through in 2021. We are committed to our Vision of ‘A Safer Community Together’. Everything we do is driven by our Mission, Vision and Values and we pride ourselves in being accountable to our community.
Peel Regional Police is acknowledged as one of Canada’s most progressive police services. A proactive approach to problem-solving, a dedication to professional excellence and a reputation for making the community a better place in which to live and work – these are the hallmarks of Peel Regional Police.
The next step is yours!
Qualified persons should apply online at www.peelpolice.ca, referencing Job ID #303487, by Sunday, February 5, 2023. Shortlisted applicants will be contacted via email. Check your inbox regularly, including junk mail. No agency contact and/or referrals, please.
Applicants in consideration for hire shall be subject to a thorough background investigation that includes, but is not limited to, police checks with local, provincial and out-of-country law enforcement agencies, if required, education credentials, credit and financial inquiries, and personal and work references.
To apply for this job please visit erecruit.peelpolice.on.ca.