SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 43
SCHOOL DISTRICT NO. 43 (COQUITLAM)
Invites Applications For
Information Technologist II’s
Full Time – permanent position
The Coquitlam School District is inviting applications from individuals for the position of Information Technologist II in designated areas such as Centralized Services, Data Systems, Security & Networks and Web & Applications. As the third largest school district in the province, we are located within a 40-minute drive from downtown Vancouver. The school district has a population of 32,000 students with approximately 4,300 teaching, administrative, managerial and support staff.
Our Information Technologist II works as an integral part of the district’s Information Services team, providing technical support services to our 72 schools and other sites throughout Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Anmore and Belcarra. This position reports to the Information Services Manager or the IS Team Supervisor for their designated area. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who seeks challenges and is responsible for being an expert-level resource for their area.
As a large organization, the district maintains a large information services department which offers opportunities for career advancement to senior information technologists and management positions over time.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Guiding, coaching, training, assigning, coordinating, and monitoring the work of IS team members and implementing polices as directed.
- To provide expert-level support, research, plans, designs, scripts, advice, and guidance in the designated area for the IS Department staff and District Staff.
- Coordinate and support District and Ministry of Education data collection and data management processes, projects and user/technical support, documentation procedure development and communication for the designated area.
- Ensure secure and effective operations of critical infrastructure relating to the designated area including implementation of effective backup, recovery, and continuity solutions.
- Engage in ongoing training to ensure relevant certifications remain current.
- Continuously upgrade skills to anticipate and support new technology; Maintain up to date knowledge of information technology trends applicable to the school district IS environment.
We are seeking candidates with recent experience in a similar role. To be successful you must have strong technical skills, as well as a keen interest in collaborating with people and a desire to provide a high level of service. You must be committed to learning new software programs and processes and working independently within time and resource constraints.
- A two-year computer systems related diploma from an accredited public college plus three years of related recent experience.
Diplomas/degrees must be from a Canadian public post-secondary institution or, alternatively, must have been formally evaluated by BCIT for equivalency purposes. Applicants with qualifications from an institution other that a Canadian public post-secondary must include documentation demonstrating BCIT program equivalency or the applicant can specify if an evaluation is in progress for which results are pending.
- Completion of CompTIA Project+ or CompTIA Security+ (certificate Required)
- Certification requirements are position specific as follows:
- Centralized Services – CompTIA Server+
- Data Systems – CompTIA Data+
- Web & Applications – Microsoft MS-PL900
- Security & Networks – Network +
Similar certifications may be considered for equivalency purposes.
- Valid BC Class 5 driver’s License.
This is a unionized position which offers $37.29/hour. 40 hours a week, including an attractive benefit package which includes, Extended Health, Dental, MSP and Pension Plan (MPP).
**Wage increase July 01, 2023, will be 5.5%.**
To apply, please click on the following link and create a user account/profile.
Once you have completed your profile you will have access to the job postings A criminal background check will be required.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
We appreciate your interest but regret that only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit ejp.sd43.bc.ca.