University of Manitoba
The University of Manitoba is a driving force of innovation, discovery and advancement. Our momentum is propelled by our campus community – UM faculty, staff and students whose determination and curiosity shape our world for the better. Our teaching, learning and work environment is uniquely strengthened and enriched by Indigenous perspectives. With two main campuses in Winnipeg, satellite campuses throughout Manitoba, and world-wide research, UM’s impact is global.
Discover outstanding employee benefits, experience world-class facilities and join a dynamic community that values reconciliation, sustainability, diversity, and inclusion. We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. At the University of Manitoba, what inspires you can change everything.
Reporting to the Manager of Application Maintenance, the incumbent is primarily responsible for participating in the provision of maintenance and support to existing systems. The incumbent also provides support to the analysis, development and testing of new and/or modified solutions for clients and participates in quality improvements activities. The area of responsibility for this position is: Maintenance and Support of enterprise applications and technologies at University of Manitoba.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
- Bachelor’s degree or a Community College Diploma in a directly related discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum three years of experience working in software design, development, analysis, maintenance and support, with enterprise-level systems within a large business environment.
- Must have experience working on a Linux system.
- Must have experience with Agile software development practices and utilizing industry standard tools (e.g.: JIRA).
- Must have experience in implementing and utilizing DevOps for CD/CI using industry-standard tools (e.g.: Git, Maven, Jenkins, Nexus).
- Must have software development experience creating and maintaining web services.
- Must have software development experience with common web development technologies.
- Must have experience creating/executing test scripts and test plans.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must have knowledge administrating SharePoint sites as well as Power Automate and Power Flow.
- Must have knowledge of developing code in Python
- Must have knowledge of working with Oracle PL/SQL.
- Must be self-motivated and possess excellent problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong analytical skills to diagnose and resolve complex systems issues is required.
- Demonstrated teamwork/collaboration skills required.
- Proven technical aptitude with ability to learn new systems quickly required.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with users of varying levels of technical expertise is required.
- Ability to coach and mentor junior staff required.
- Ability to develop strong interpersonal working relationships required.
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize, and schedule complex projects and tasks is essential.
- Ability to act as a consultant to clients and other staff members is essential.
- Involvement with local IT user communities would be an asset.
- Knowledge of ITIL fundamentals would be an asset.
- Knowledge of the Universities application portfolio would be an asset.
- Knowledge of test-driven development (TDD) would be an asset.
- Knowledge of automated testing software would be an asset.
- Knowledge of Object-Oriented methodologies would be an asset.
- Knowledge of cloud computing such as Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform or Microsoft Azure would be an asset.
- Satisfactory work record, including satisfactory attendance and punctuality, is required.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Comprehensive group benefits and pension plan.
- Competitive vacation time.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s recruitment site, UM Careers: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=25577
Closing Date: March 20, 2023
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is committed to the principles of equity, diversity & inclusion and to promoting opportunities in hiring, promotion and tenure (where applicable) for systemically marginalized groups who have been excluded from full participation at the University and the larger community including Indigenous Peoples, women, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+ (Two Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning, intersex, asexual and other diverse sexual identities).
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact UM.Accommodation@umanitoba.ca or 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
To apply for this job please visit viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca.