Manager, Client Services
The Burnaby School District is on the traditional territory of the Coast Salish Nations of Musqueam, Tsleil-Waututh and Squamish.
The Burnaby School District is the fourth largest in BC. The District operates 41 elementary and 8 secondary schools, including a range of district and provincial resource programs. The District supports and provides learning to 25,000 Kindergarten to Grade 12 (K-12) students and to more than 6,000 adult learners through our established Burnaby Community & Continuing Education program. With more than 100 languages spoken in the homes of its students, the District is one of the most culturally diverse in Canada.
We have exceptional talent in our District and pride ourselves on being an engaging, collaborative, and supportive employer, as well as a progressive leader in education. We offer and welcome employees to take the opportunity to develop their careers within our District. There are many opportunities for those employees that possess the qualifications and capability to access positions of advancement. Employees are supported throughout their careers to engage in professional development opportunities by encouraging learning on assigned professional development days, providing professional development workshops, and providing the opportunity for reimbursement of external professional development.
Burnaby School District invites applications from individuals interested in the following Professional Exempt position: Manager, Client Services (1.00 FTE).
Reporting to the Director of Information Technology Services, the Client Services Manager functions alongside the Data Services Manager and Network and Security Manager as part of the Information Technology Services department. The Manager of Client Services is responsible for overseeing the operations of the Client Services team and support services for all end users. The Client Services Manager will be accountable for leading and implementing IT Department Service Level Agreements (SLA), and Computing Controls and Capability – service descriptions, configuration details, standard operational procedures, security/access protocols, and emergency procedures. In addition, this position will oversee incident management and request fulfilment activities handled by the Service Desk. The Client Services Manager will also be highly involved in large projects from start to completion.
- Provides managerial oversight, supervision, and support of Client Services operations
- Provides support to students, district staff and our community in ensuring service operations are responsive to the needs of our customers.
- Provides leadership in developing, implementing and maintaining the IT Service Level Agreement.
- Responsible for the overall desktop-side technology services, and the teams that support the strategic and operational work in these areas.
- Responsible for the overall computing controls and capabilities of the departments service operations, including capturing and clearly articulating service descriptions, configuration details, standard operational procedures, security/access protocols, and emergency procedures.
- Implements customer service improvements by assessing current environment; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; ongoing training and reviewing publications.
- Assists in the scheduling and status of projects and ensures that the project and department goals and objectives are being met and the expected levels of quality are being achieved.
- Maintains and supports a departmental culture of continuous improvement, service orientation and process-based methodologies.
- Responsible for the recruitment, training, coaching, work assignments and performance management of staff; and
- Performs duties as assigned.
- Completion of a Degree in the Information Technology field, and current industry certification in at least one of the following: Information Technology, Project Management, and Service Management.
- Minimum five years of progressive managerial experience with a focus on developing, implementing, administering, and maintaining IT service operations and related processes and documentation.
- Thorough knowledge and experience with IT service operations, customer service, Help Desk operations, as well as extensive knowledge and experience with software deployment and imaging best practices.
- Advanced knowledge working with Microsoft O365/Azure; possess relevant CompTIA, ITIL, COBIT5, and Microsoft certifications; expertise with Microsoft Windows, Apple OSX and iOS operating systems.
- Expertise with the implementation of current IT Service and Operations Management tools and workflows.
- Experience with implementation of IT Asset Management tools and workflows.
- Positive interpersonal and leadership skills, and the ability to develop teams and foster an environment which promotes teamwork.
- Proven ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with all internal and external contacts.
- Ability to explain complex or simple instructions or information clearly to others.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and manage technical staff and to maintain service level agreements.
- A proven history to keep abreast of new technologies and to continually upgrade and develop information technology skills and knowledge.
- Valid class 5 British Columbia driver’s license.
The successful applicant will be offered a competitive salary and benefits package. Interested and qualified applicants should apply with their cover letter, a resume with supporting documentation, and a minimum of three 3 current references by 4:00 p.m. on September 30, 2022 on Make a Future at https://bit.ly/3f7AHwa.
Successful applicants will be required to consent to a Criminal Record Search prior to employment. Only those persons selected for interviews will be contacted.
The Burnaby School District values inclusion and embraces diversity as a strength. Our goal is for all individuals to feel a sense of belonging in a safe, supportive and welcoming community. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals, including Indigenous, Black, people of colour, all genders, LGBTQ2+ and persons with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in the Burnaby School District!
To apply for this job please visit bit.ly.