Design a logo for CIPS’ 65th anniversary and you could win a $250 Amazon Gift Card!
CIPS will be celebrating our 65th anniversary in 2023! In September of 1958 a conference was held at the University of Toronto to talk about common concerns of data processing workers. That conference demonstrated the value of sharing ideas, networking with fellow professionals and learning about coming changes in technology, and the practices and management of information systems. This event sparked the formation of the Computing and Data Processing Society. In 1968 the Society changed its name to the current “Canadian Information Processing Society”.
As part of the 65th anniversary celebrations CIPS is looking for a special 65th anniversary version of the CIPS logo which will be used by CIPS throughout 2023. CIPS invites members of CIPS Provincial Societies to put their graphic design skills to use and design a CIPS 65th anniversary logo. If your logo is selected you will receive a $250 Amazon Gift Card!
– The 65th anniversary logo must incorporate both the existing CIPS logo and include the number “65”
– The logo submission must be submitted in .jpg or .png format, at least 1,000 pixels wide, and no larger than 2mb
– The logo must display well in both colour and in black and white
– All designs must be original
– Only CIPS Members of CIPS Provincial Societies are eligible to submit a proposed 65th anniversary logo, and they must currently be a Canadian resident to be eligible
– Members can submit more than one logo design
– One prize of a $250 Amazon.ca Gift Card will be given to the CIPS member who submitted the selected logo, and no prize substitutions are allowed
– The winning logo will be determined by the CIPS National Office, who will obtain feedback from CIPS members
– CIPS reserves the right to not select any of the logos submitted if it deems that none are suitable
– The member who submitted the selected logo will be asked to sign a release giving CIPS exclusive rights to use the logo for the duration of 2023
Please send all questions to email@example.com Thank you for your participation!
Examples from CIPS’ 60th anniversary logo competition: