The following describes how you can appeal a decision from the CIPS Certification Council:
- The applicant must advise the CIPS Office of the Registrar, in writing, of an intent to appeal within 30 days of receiving a rejection letter. This notification may come in the form of regular mail or electronic mail.
- A new application form and supporting materials must be submitted within 60 days of receipt of the rejection letter. Please note: the appeal must set out the case for re- consideration and highlight only new information not contained in the original application.
- This correspondence should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The fee charged for an appeal is $150 plus Tax. The fee must be received in full with the appeal correspondence.
- Appeals will be dealt with by the CIPS Office of the Registrar on a timely basis. The appeal is forwarded to the Certification Council within one business week and a decision will be made at the Certification Council’s next scheduled meeting.
- For clarification of information appropriate sources may be contacted by phone or in writing by the appeal committee. These may include, but are not limited to: the applicant, academic institutions, current and past employers referenced on the application, and sponsors. You will be notified of contact made and be provided with copies of the documentation received from third party sources.
- At the discretion of the appeal committee chairman, an applicant may attend a Council hearing to discuss their appeal. An applicant whose request for the opportunity to take part in the appeal hearing has been approved, is responsible for their cost.
- Where an appeal is successful, the $150 appeal fee is to be reimbursed.
For more information on the appeal process contact the CIPS Office of the Registrar at (905) 602-1370 or email@example.com.