ANNOUNCING ERA’s 6th Kids Poster Contest Starting in September!
The ERA is proud to announce their 6th Kids Poster Contest that will launch September 2023. We are asking students including Elementary, Junior High, and High Schools across Canada to use their creative minds for a chance to win a FREE laptop. This competition is designed to not only educate students on the importance of sustainability and the 3 R’s (Reduce Reuse Recycle) but to bring their vision of an ever-changing environment to life through art.
How does it work?
To enter the contest, create a poster that best represents the ever-changing environment by combining the waste hierarchy known to many as “Reduce, Reuse and Recycle”. Please relay the poster in some way to ERA’s mission statement.
How to enter?
Entries must be submitted by teachers online. Click HERE to upload entries.
ERA’s Mission Statement: To reduce electronic waste and the negative impact it has on our environment, and to reuse unwanted computers and related electronic equipment through recovery, refurbishment, and computer donation programs
Who is eligible to participate?
School-aged students residing in Canada.
What will I win?
There will be 100 winners per 1000 entries and the winning students will receive a refurbished laptop.
How to win?
This competition is vote-based, which means the student with the most votes will win ― so you better stand out from the rest! And make sure to have your friends and family vote for your entry.
When does it take place?
This contest is running from September 1st, 2023 to December 15th, 2023. Each student can only submit one poster.
What format should the poster be?
- Posters can be handmade (Use of paper, paint, pencils, markers, and/or crayons) or digitally created original work. Please remember to avoid copyright infringement. Ensure that your work is entirely your own, or if you include any external content, make sure you have the necessary permissions or are using content under a proper license.
- Posters need to be in Jpeg form
- Share your poster on social media through your school’s accounts and personal accounts using #ERA and #6thERAKidsPosterContest on your posts.
Mention ERA by tagging us in your post
Rules and Guidelines
- The competition is open to Schools that reside within Canada.
- Individuals cannot apply for this competition. Submit your poster through our online process (Teachers Submit for Students)
- You may enter the competition between 12:00a (MST) on September 1st, 2023 and 11:59p (MST) on December 15th, 2023.
- No purchase is necessary to enter the competition
- ERA will announce the winners of this competition on January 5th, 2024 on our social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter).
- There is a limit of one entry per student.
- The winner will receive a refurbished laptop (100 winners per 1000 entries)
- The potential winner will the selected by public vote.
- ERA will contact the winner of this competition. If the winning school does not answer within a week they will be disqualified.
- If you win the competition, you will be tagged in all communication related to the Kids Poster Contest.
- If you enter, ERA will own the rights to all images submitted and can use these images as they wish.
To learn more about ERA click here