My industry experience was as a programmer/analyst for Mutual Life Insurance Company (now SunLife) in the early ‘80s at their corporate head office in Kitchener/Waterloo, Ontario. Afterwards, I joined Holland College in 1987 where I have been part of a faculty team, which develops and delivers the Computer Information Systems (CIS) Program, specializing in the Computer Programmer/Analyst Profile curriculum.
I obtained the following credentials/designations over the years:
- Bachelor of Computer Science (BCS) with a Specialization in Business Data Processing from Acadia University in 1983.
- Learning Management (LM) Diploma from Holland College in 1989.
- CIPS ~ Information Systems Professional (ISP) designation in 2001.
- Master of Science in Information Systems (MSc. IS) from Athabasca University in 2005.
- CIPS ~ Information Technology Certified Professional (ITCP) in 2009.
CIPS highlights since 2001, are:
- Member of CIPS PEI Board of Directors since 2001.
- Assisted in the transition from CIPS PEI Section to CIPS PEI Chapter.
- CIPS PEI Vice-president (2 years), President (2 years), and Past-President (2 years) during my board of directors’ period.
- Member of CIPS ISTAC in early 2000 for 8 years serving as council chairman for 6 of those years.
- Participated in CIPS Strategic Planning session in 2012 at CIPS head office in Toronto.
- Participated in over 20 college program accreditation site audits as both team member and team lead, since 2001.
- Participate in 4 international ISTAC program accreditation audits (3 in Qatar, 1 in United Arab Emirates), since 2007.
Holland College career highlights:
- College curriculum delivery modality transition/implementation project team member.
- Member of the Pension Advisory Committee.
- Travelled to three colleges in China under the ACCC Joint Venture Agreement to assess college technical and faculty ability to deliver Holland College CIS on-line program.
- Holland College Board of Governors faculty representative (severed two terms).
- Three-year secondment to the Computer Studies Department Program Manager position.
- Represented faculty during three collective agreement negotiations rounds.
I reside in a rural community called Lot 16 in Prince Edward Island with my wife Debbie a high school vice-principal, where we have raised our three children (Tyler, Danielle, Mitchell). In the summer of 2013 all three children married, and 9 months later our grand-children started to arrive. We have been blessed with nine grand-children to love. Eight are here with us on Earth, and one our grand-daughter Charlotte is watching over all of us from Heaven as “God needed more angels the day she was born.”
*Updated June 11 2021