Website Algoma District School Board
The Algoma District School Board invites qualified applicants to apply for the position of Security Analyst. This position is a permanent position, working 35 hours per week, 12 months per year.
Reporting to the Manager of Information Technology, the Security Analyst is an integral position to the Board, and will implement measures to mitigate and protect the Board’s information assets. The position works in collaboration with schools, administration departments and the IT Infrastructure Lead to build and execute security mechanisms that ensure efficient and effective practices are in place.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Monitor Board networks for security breaches and investigate violations as necessary
- Establish and maintain a District Cyber Security Incident Response Plan (CSIRP) and act as a key member of the Cyber Security Response Team
- Work with the IT Infrastructure Lead to maintain and operate information and security technologies (i.e. network intrusion prevention systems, enterprise anti-virus systems, firewalls, end-point encryption, and security incident management systems, )
- Support ongoing cyber security awareness and improvement through existing policies, procedures, and tools
- Perform tests and execute procedures in response to threat and vulnerability assessments, security incident reports, and internal/external audits
- Record, track, assess, troubleshoot, document and prioritize ADSB support tickets related to classroom hardware and applications
- Exercise independent judgment in completing responsibilities
- Build strategic external relationships with peers from other school boards
- Qualified applicants will possess a university degree or college diploma in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related field
Qualified applicants will possess a minimum of two years’ experience working in an Ontario Primary/Secondary Education IT environment, or a similar complex IT environment. The following experience is beneficial for the position:
- Experience supporting the security of an organization’s IT infrastructure
- Experience with current operating systems and network applications, network layers and related protocols (TCP/IP, SSL, SSH, SD-WAN)
- Experience in Windows Active Directory, PowerShell and Scripting, Microsoft 365 and Azure cloud security solutions, VMWare and VEEAM
- Project management experience
Competencies and Skills
- Excellent attention to detail and superior problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced environment and adapt to new technology and use new technology to improve the current infrastructure
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, and the proven ability to work well with team members
It will be an asset if applicants possess or are working toward any of the following certifications:
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) designation
- Certification in Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) Foundations
- Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE)
- Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) designation
Applications will be accepted until 4:00PM on Monday, July 4, 2022, and may be forwarded by email to:
Human Resources Officer email@example.com
Lui De Dominicis
Manager of Information Technology firstname.lastname@example.org
Algoma District School Board 644 Albert Street East
Sault Ste. Marie, ON P6A 2K7 Only those applicants short-listed will be contacted.
A shortlisting of applicants for consideration will be completed employing the Algoma District School Board Hiring Policy. Should there be a need for interviews, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Accommodations through the recruitment and selection process are available upon request. The successful candidate, as a condition of employment, will be required to provide a current criminal background check, which is acceptable to the Board.
The Algoma District School Board is committed to an equitable education system that upholds and reflects the principles of fair and inclusive education. Additional information about specific programs, and the Vision, Mission, Values and Priorities of the Algoma District School Board can be found at www.adsb.on.ca.
|LUCIA REECE||ALGOMA DISTRICT SCHOOL BOARD||JENNIFER SARLO|
|Director of Education||www.adsb.on.ca||Chairperson|
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com