Website University of Manitoba
The University of Manitoba is a driving force of innovation, discovery and advancement. Our momentum is propelled by our campus community – UM faculty, staff and students whose determination and curiosity shape our world for the better. Our teaching, learning and work environment is uniquely strengthened and enriched by Indigenous perspectives. With two main campuses in Winnipeg, satellite campuses throughout Manitoba, and world-wide research, UM’s impact is global.
Discover outstanding employee benefits, experience world-class facilities and join a dynamic community that values reconciliation, sustainability, diversity, and inclusion. We are one of Manitoba’s Top Employers and one of Canada’s Best Diversity Employers. At the University of Manitoba, what inspires you can change everything.
The role of Senior Project Manager exists within the Project Management Office (PMO) to lead and manage projects that are of Strategic importance to the University of Manitoba. The Senior Project Manager will ensure the effective application of an overall project management discipline to successfully drive the implementation of change initiatives underway within the University. Working with the project teams, project sponsors and other stakeholders, the Senior Project Manager will be responsible for all processes of project delivery within that project management framework; including but not limited to project planning, resource management, issue and risk management, status and reporting management, cost and schedule management, and project close-out. The Senior Project Manager will ensure that the project produces the required deliverables to the required standard of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost, withing that project management framework.
The Senior Project Manager will also be accountable to ensure effective application of, organization change, communications management, benefit realization planning and other project delivery capabilities within the delivery of the assigned initiatives.
The Senior Project Manager may also be required to elicit business requirements and conduct process analysis.
The qualifications and experience we’re looking for:
- Undergraduate degree required in Business Management, Computer Science (or equivalent), or a college diploma with a specialization in Project Management or Business Analysis is required.
- PMI’s Project Management Professional(PMP), PRINCE2 Certification, IIBA Certification, or Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) designation would be considered an asset.
- Minimum five years experience in projects in a formalized project management environment in a project manager role.
- Management of projects with increasing complexity is required.
- Experience with Solution Development Life Cycles and use of project management principles and practices (cx. PMBOK/PRINCE2).
- Experience with application of project management and organizational change methodologies.
- Experience with the definition, documentation and tracking of project plans, budgets, and schedules.
- Experience coordinating and facilitating stakeholder meetings, working sessions, etc.
- Experience working as a Project Manager in a Post-Secondary Institution would be a definite asset.
- An acceptable equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered.
Why the University of Manitoba?
Along with being one of Manitoba’s top employers, we are proud to provide a collaborative and enriching work environment. In addition to a strong compensation package with a competitive salary, the University provides an exceptional workplace that includes:
- Comprehensive group benefits and pension plan.
- Competitive vacation time.
- Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- A full spectrum of professional development opportunities.
Apply today through the University of Manitoba’s recruitment site, UM Careers: https://viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca/DEFAULT.ASPX?REQ_ID=22731
Closing Date: August 8, 2022
Applications will only be accepted if you apply on UM Careers.
The University of Manitoba is committed to the principles of equity, diversity & inclusion and to promoting opportunities in hiring, promotion and tenure (where applicable) for systemically marginalized groups who have been excluded from full participation at the University and the larger community including Indigenous Peoples, women, racialized persons, persons with disabilities and those who identify as 2SLGBTQIA+ (Two Spirit, lesbian, gay, bisexual, trans, questioning, intersex, asexual and other iverse sexual identities).
If you require accommodation supports during the recruitment process, please contact UM.Accommodation@umanitoba.ca or 204-474-7195. Please note this contact information is for accommodation reasons only.
Application materials, including letters of reference, will be handled in accordance with the protection of privacy provisions of The Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Manitoba). Please note that curriculum vitae will be provided to participating members of the search process.
To apply for this job please visit viprecprod.ad.umanitoba.ca.