Website City of Brampton
DEPARTMENT: Corporate Support Services
POSTING NUMBER: 105235
NUMBER OF POSITIONS: 1
JOB STATUS & DURATION: Full Time Permanent
HOURS OF WORK: 35 hour workweek
LOCATION: Hybrid Model – when working onsite, you will report to the location of West Tower.
SALARY GRADE: 12
SALARY RANGE: 1ST STEP: $86,231.60 per annum
2ND STEP: $90,781.60 per annum
JOB RATE: $95,568.20 per annum
JOB TYPE: Union
POSTING DATE: May 18, 2023
CLOSING DATE: June 5, 2023
We are looking for an Enterprise Systems Administrator with experience managing Microsoft 365 and has a mature knowledge of maintaining an Enterprise Infrastructure. The successful candidate must be well versed in one or more of the following applications – Microsoft Exchange, Dynamics 365, SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams. Experience with Powershell is a definite asset.
Our ideal candidate will have several years of Enterprise System Administration experience in a multiple server configuration both on-Premise, and in a Cloud environment. As well as an intermediate to advanced knowledge level of design, support, configuration and development. The candidate will have a thorough understanding of test plans, system and user documentation requirements, and creating functional and technical specifications.
Your primary focus in this role will be to act as the subject matter expert which will require extensive knowledge and experience of troubleshooting incidents. This will require you to open and manage support cases with external parties (product vendors, service providers and manufacturers).
The candidate who joins our team will have an enthusiasm for further developing a deep understanding of our multi-layer environment and associated products. If this sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Team Lead, IT, the Enterprise System Administrator has overall responsibility of the Enterprise Systems/Solutions assigned to manage, administer and support. This role is technical and includes coordinating and interacting with other staff – administrators (server, network, database), analysts, developers, application administrators & solution vendors, to ensure system availability and sustainability. This includes overseeing all activities relating to the technical environment, including software, application server, security and access management, monitoring, performance, availability management and capacity management. Coordinates Activities of Developers, System Analysts, Business Leads, Application & Network Administrators and External Contractors/Vendors
- Responsible for the integrity and security of the Enterprise Application Production environment and all related support and maintenance activities.
- Develop and implement the Enterprise System security strategy, including design, implementation and enforcement in regards to separation of duties of the various roles identified in the system.
- Utilize strong systems benchmarking and performance optimization skills to identify, define and implement pro-active monitoring and administrative technologies and procedures. Identify potential issues before they impact the end user, identify and implement areas for improvement and performance tuning.
- Define, document and maintain policies, standard operating procedures, system documentation and associated training plans for the administration and use of the Enterprise System.
- Take a pro-active approach to system maintenance and problem avoidance including responsibility for the technical integrity, administration, maintenance and support of all technical components (including: application servers, report servers, application instances, integration points and other related technologies) in the daily operations of the Enterprise System.
- Responsible for design and implementation of Quality Assurance processes for changes to the production operating environment to ensure integrity and security of all system and data components.
- Lead the planning, design, installation, administration, support and maintenance of the Enterprise System to ensure a reliable, robust and cost effective service.
- Responsible for the design and implementation of the system administration Maintenance and Release management plan and the resulting maintenance streams and processes.
- Collaborate with external contacts and colleagues both inside and outside the IT organizational units.
- Conduct system reviews to adhere to regulatory, industry standards and corporate policies.
- High school (Grade 12) graduation plus an additional program of three (3) to four (4) years in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Over four (4) years, up to and including eight (8) year experience in IT and Enterprise system administration.
- 2 years supervisory/project lead experience is an asset,
- Advanced knowledge of Web and Application server support and administration (preferably Windows Server, IIS, Active Directory, High Availability Environments, cloud connectivity);
- Advanced knowledge of Payment Processing Systems and supporting technology; Payment processing engines (ie InfoCorp Access2Gov or A2G, transaction stores); Payment Gateways, Moneris, financial transaction integrations (api’s, json, xml); pinpad management including audit, configuration and connectivity.
- Knowledge & experience with SharePoint, Microsoft Office, Office 365.
- Advanced knowledge and experience with Oracle Database and/or SQL Server (incl. SSRS, SSIS), and PowerBI an understanding of integration protocols and technologies (api’s, json, xml).
- Knowledge of Microsoft’s Azure platform and operations an asset;
- Knowledge of Records & Information Management concepts and principles an asset;
- Knowledge of ITIL Framework required, ITIL V3 Foundations Certification is an asset;
- Knowledge of PCI Compliance, Accounting Principles, FOI/MFIPPA regulations an asset;
- Good organization and time management skills.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills with an emphasis on customer service.
**Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
Alternate formats will be provided upon request.
Interview: Our recruitment process will be completed with video conference technology.
As part of the corporation’s Modernizing Job Evaluation project, this position will undergo an evaluation which may result in a change to the rate of compensation. Any changes affecting this position will be communicated as information becomes available.
If this opportunity matches your interest and experience, please apply online at: www.brampton.ca/employment quoting reference #105235 by June 5, 2023 and complete the attached questionnaire. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. The successful candidate(s) will be required, as a condition of employment, to execute a written employment agreement. A criminal record search will be required of the successful candidate to verify the absence of a criminal record for which a pardon has not been granted.
As part of the application process, applicants will be invited to complete a self identification survey. The survey is voluntary. Participation in the survey will have no impact on hiring decisions. Should you wish to opt out of completing the survey, please select “prefer not to answer” as a response to each question. All information collected is confidential and will not be shared with the hiring manager. The surveys will be anonymized and will be kept separate from applicant or employee files, such that the individuals who completed the surveys will not be identifiable. The results of the survey will assist in the analysis of disaggregated metrics for organizational planning purposes and our commitment to advance and foster diversity, equity, and inclusion. The City may use anonymized data to produce aggregate reports for internal or external use.
Please be advised, the City of Brampton uses email to communicate with their applicants for open job competitions. It is the applicant’s responsibility to include an updated email address that is checked daily and accepts emails from unknown users. As we send time sensitive correspondence via email (i.e. testing bookings, interview dates), it is imperative that applicants check their email regularly. If we do not hear back from applicants, we will assume that you are no longer interested in the Job Competition and your application will be removed from the Competition.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you require any accommodations at any point during the application and hiring process, please contact TalentAcquisition@brampton.ca or 905.874.2150 with your accommodation needs, quoting the job opening ID#, job title. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
To apply for this job please visit www.brampton.ca.