Sponsors for Candidate/AITP Application
Sponsors must have known the applicant for two years and can either be:
- A CIPS Member, or
- An actively practicing professional*
Recent immigrants to Canada or applicants who reside outside of Canada are to provide sponsors that are actively practicing professional residing in the applicant’s country of origin.
The sponsor submission should be submitted on the professional’s letterhead and must be in one of Canada’s two official languages (English or French).
Note: Members of the Certification Council cannot sponsor I.S.P. applicants.
*Actively Practicing Professionals Include:
- Medical doctor
- Minister of religion authorized under law to perform marriages
- Notary public
- Police officer
- Principal of a primary or secondary school
- Professional accountant
- Professional engineer
- Senior administrator in a college
- Senior administrator or teacher in a university
- An individual holding a recognized professional designation (i.e. CGA, CMA, CAE)
Click Here for Withdrawal of Sponsorship Process and Procedures